Thursday, July 17, 2008

Zzzzzz... zombie

Well, this is officially the 4th night in a row that I have not had more than 3 hours of sleep. And I am really starting to feel it today. I couldn't even muster up the energy to blowdry my hair so I look a little rough at work this morning. Kirstynn was up at 1am, 3am and again at 5am (at which time I just gave up and brought her into bed with me.) This part of motherhood can be a little tough to take sometimes....

Yesterday at work was pretty dramatic too. About 20 people from my department were pulled into a room with some bigwigs from Home Office and were told in a round-about way that in the next 6 months to a year, lay-offs are a possibility. Can you say panic??? I am trying not to, but geez, this economy is scary. I get waves of true worry lately that if things get much worse, I am going to have to make some serious lifestyle changes. Gas, food, electricity... it's like our country is on a never ending price hike. And I have never really been in a situation like this in my lifetime. Ok, I guess the lack of sleep is getting to me and the depressing thoughts are seeping in. I need a nap. ha ha

On a random note, I have another friend who did the lemonade diet (or master cleanser) and lasted 14 days!! She lost 11.5 pounds and inches from every part of her body! I tried it a year or so ago and lasted less than 2 days... It was pretty motivating though so maybe after I am done breastfeeding, I will try again.... Anything to get rid of this last 15 pounds!

1 comments:

Danni Springfield said...

Layoffs?!?! Holy crap! Keep me posted, and good luck!